Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring is showing her colors

A couple weeks ago on a sunny day we had visitors in the back yard.  My little Sparky came scooting in to the house ... Arfing all the way.  Up on the tree limb were 3 smaller raccoons sunning in the sun, napping.  Practically standing on my head I finally got a picture of them.

Our daffodils are out along with heather, forsythia, and flowering trees.  Some of the trees are greening up and the grass is growing.  We are about 6 weeks early for this beginning of Spring but I'll take it with what so many others are going through with weather and earthquakes.

Getting out of the dark days of winter helps most fibromites.  No the pain doesn't disappear but the mood is brighter which makes coping much easier.  Getting out of the house into the fresh air cleanses the spirit. 

On the other hand, Spring is when we really need to remember to pace ourselves.  It is so easy to over do at this time of the year...  we see the dirty windows, the spots on the carpet, what needs painting, the trimming and planting wait for us outside.  PACING is a real key to less pain.  Work 10 minutes, or 20 and then rest for 10.  Then 10-20 minutes more and rest again.  It makes a world of difference.

Thanks for letting me into your world for a few minutes.  How are you and your Fibro doing?  Have you any secrets to share that help you endure the pain?  I'd love to hear from you....

5 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Hi Carol~ those racoons are too cute all loaded onto that branch! Spring always perks me up, just the sun helps my pain and mood alot! Hope you enjoy your weekend:)

Rochelle said...

Oh such a cute lil' pic :)

Oh my goodness, I am lovingggg this weather!!!! I'm so excited. This morning I went to a Pampered Chef party at a friend's house, so fun. Followed by cleaning out my car for about an hour and it felt so great. Decided to go to church tonight. Shopping. Out to eat. More shopping.

Exhausted and in heaps of pain. Actually kneeling at the front of the church for prayer is what did me in, but still so worth it.

I definitely will have to remember to pace myself in the weeks to come. It's hard for sure when the weather starts getting so nice like this. I just want to run amuck!!

Well, my secret these days has actually been staying active! Despite the initial pain, it really does help to keep moving {but still resting when needed}. It's hard to learn the "go" and "rest" signals, but as I keep moving, I'm learning. :) All my best to you!

Dianna said...

Glad to find your blog through Carmen's blog. I want to come back and look around some more as I have time. I'm sure you have plenty of information that would help me. I've found a good deal of connection between my diet and my pain levels, as well as the fibro fog. Working at staying away from white sugar and carbs that are in the high-glycemic category.

Anonymous said...

I'll leave a few words. I have lupus, but my sister has 'fibro'. When I saw your site, I thought I would look through it for a way to learn what my sis goes through, and also I may find tips to help me, too. I am going through a rough time right now. Pain is my constant companion. I love your up-beat attitude! My goal in life is to face life with a smile, even in the worst of times. Continue on!...and best wishes to you! BJR

Rochelle said...

Thanks as always for your encouragement on my blog. :)

I'm looking forward to your next post :)