Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Those With Fibromyalgia Need a Hobby



Everyone with Fibromyalgia needs to have a hobby (or hobbies) for those rough times.  Whether it be knitting, crocheting, creating cards, reading or whatever. 

Why? 

One of the things I have found over the years is that if my mind is busy at something it takes my mind away from the pain and allows my body to relax.  Relaxed muscles don't hurt as badly as tense ones.  Whenever we start having pain we scrunch our whole body up trying to get away from it.

I can't crochet anymore due to the arthritis in my hands, the fingers go numb.  But, I love to knit.  I can get lost in knitting especially if there is a pattern I need to keep track of as I'm doing it.  I like to read (Kindle online has free books), I watch movies from Netflix on my computer.  I don't bake anymore but getting into making cookies works,  too.


If I'm not feeling too  bad I go for a leisurely walk,  but no further than my body wants to go and get back.  That remembering to time the walk so you aren't wracked with more pain when you get back is sometimes hard to do.


I'd love to hear what you do to distract yourself from the pain of Fibromyalgia?  I'll be watching for responses.


Have a super day.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The main fibromyalgia signs and symptoms include deep muscle pain, painful tender points, and morning stiffness. Other major
Fibromyalgia Symptoms
include sleep problems, fatigue, and anxiety. In order to make an accurate diagnosis, your doctor will need to review your symptoms and signs of fibromyalgia.