Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sleep

How is your sleep? Do you have a hard time going to sleep? Do you toss and turn? Do you wake up every hour or so? When you get up in the morning do you still feel as tired as you did when you went to bed? After you are up a few hours do you have the urge to lay back down?

If you said yes to some of these questions, you should talk to your doctor about your sleep problems. Without good restful, restorative sleep, your body does not heal well. It's important to get into the deep sleep (rem).

There are medications that can help you. I use Trazadone and it works well for me. Sleep Apnea is another problem for Fibromyalgia patients. Perhaps a sleep study is what is needed.

Setting good habits for bed time is important... no caffeine in the late afternoon or evening. Don't exercise at night. Don't watch TV or read in bed.

4 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Hi Carol~ Yes to all the sleep questions and I'm on trazodone too. It used to work really well to get me to sleep but now not so much. I was tested for sleep apnea on the overnight test and it was neg. I'm finding now I'm in those perimenopause years and everything is going haywire including sleep! Have a good day friend:)

Country Whispers said...

Sleep makes a huge difference. I have been trying to get at least 8 hours every night which is hard. Plus when you have little ones that sometimes get you up in the middle of the night then your sleep is interupted. But bottom line- a full night of deep sleep is what our bodies need.

God's Girl said...

Yes... I am on something that is supposed to help me sleep (that deep sleep) but I still have trouble going to sleep. Once I'm asleep, I usually do well (thanks to the medication).

My husband thinks that the computer keeps my mind going too late. Very well could be...

Have a wonderful Monday!

~~Deby said...

First time here...really struggling with my fibro right now..I do have sleep apnea...the maching has helped..
deby