- Put a kitchen timer by your computer. Set it for 20 minutes. When it goes off, get up and stretch a little, move around. Sitting in one spot too long can start the Fibro hurting. Reset it for another 20 minutes if you are going to be on the computer longer.
- Before you get out of bed in the morning do some leg stretches and some arm stretches. Sit up slowly and get your balance.
- Eat right. Breakfast is healthy for everyone. Before taking medications you should have food in your stomach to prevent stomach problems. Drink water to rehydrate you from the night.
- Make a "To Do" list .... no more than 8-10 things. Cross off half of them and concentrate on the other half, taking breaks throughout the day.
- Stay busy. I lose myself in the computer and forget my pain. Getting our mind off ourselves can make a big difference.
- Think positive. Don't get lost in a pity party. Do something for someone else, it might be a phone call or a note.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Here are a few hints I've learned over that years that helps alleviate some of the pain.