Friday, February 6, 2009

Learn all you can

Read, read and read. There are many sites on the WWW and many books out about Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Myofascial sydrome and more. The libraray also has books that will help.

The more educated you become the more you understand your body and how to work with Fibromyalgia to make your life less painful and more "normal" (whatever that is).

If you live near a Support Group for Fibromyalgia, try to attend. Keep attending if it is informational, compassionate and motivating. Don't go back if it is a huge pity party ...."Woe is Me". Put positive, understanding people in your life.

Belittling, negativeness, doubters, etc do nothing to help you cope.

I help lead a Support Group in SW Washington State. There are times when I can hardly make myself go but ALWAYS I'm thankful I went when I leave. People who are understanding , fun to be around, seem to just lift me up and I forget me. That doesn't mean the pain leaves but I'm able to cope with it. If you live in SW Washington and want more information on the local support group, please e-mail me. My e-mail address is on this page.

No comments: