Sunday, February 1, 2009

When you hurt, you hurt!

What do you do when you are REALLY hurting? I've been fighting a flare for over a week now. I got up early this morning and went to church. By the time I got home I was pounding, throbbing all over my body. It's a damp and cold day and I was freezing.

Yep, I did it. I took a pain pill, turned on my electric blanket, shed my outer clothes and crawled in.... out I went and now 3 hours later I wake up and am warm and toasty, the pill helped the pain. I temporarily gave in to it.

I am one of those girls that puts off pain med's until the last minute, instead of being smart and taking it when the pain starts. Because of that, I pay for it. Just don't want to get "hooked" on pain med's. Oh yes, my doctors have lectured me not to let it go but........

Sometimes a hot shower and stretching helps. When that hot water is showering down on your body and you do some simple stretching in the shower it helps the muscles to relax. The knots and tightness seem to begin to melt.

Have you ever had a day like this? What did you do to help yourself? I'd love to hear about what you do.

No comments: